Newcastle University Business School
From Newcastle, For the World
Newcastle University Business School
Facilities and Support
Newcastle University Business School is part of Newcastle University, a research-intensive Russell Group University with a proud history of over 180 years, committed to delivering world-class academic excellence.
At Newcastle University Business School, we believe that business is shaped by the desire to think differently and the will to transform the status quo. Our thinking, combined with a first-class reputation for academic excellence, high graduate employability and student experience, ensures that we are a first-choice destination for students from across the world.
Our courses cover a range of learning experiences designed to suit the interests and varied backgrounds of students looking to explore career paths within the business world.
Our Business School is a hub of excellence and endeavour that will enable you to collaborate, learn and succeed. We are proud of what we have to offer you: elite management education; world-leading research; and a vibrant city. We are looking for students with the ability to challenge today, and the potential to change the future of global business.
- Triple-accredited business school with accreditations from AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS
- Awarded 5 QS Stars for student employability. QS 2022
- Top 5 in the UK for graduate entrepreneurship. based on start-up turnover and external investment in HE-BCI Survey (2019-2020)
- 14th in the UK for research power. Research Excellence Framework 2014
- Top 100 for International Outlook. According to a new study, Newcastle University is one of the most international universities in the world. Times Higher Education World Rankings
- 1st in the UK for our commitment to sustainable development. Times Higher Education Impact Rankings 2022
- Something for everyone. Home to 200+ student societies and sports club
- Closer than you think. Our campus is just three hours by train from London, or just over an hour by plane
- Top 10 student city in the UK. QS Best Student Cities 2022
- Awarded Five Plus QS Stars for Excellence. QS 2022
The 'NUBS of it podcast series
Each episode, our host and guests will discuss their passions, share their experiences and debate important issues.
The podcast covers a wide range of topics from our ground-breaking research to the student experience and alumni connects, all focusing all on the theme of value.
- Lifelong learning
- Kindness in leadership
- The creative economy
Our podcast series is a great listen, whether you want to unwind with a coffee or if you are having your daily walk.
Latest news from Newcastle University Business School
A choice to suit you
ACCOUNTING, ECONOMICS AND FINANCE
- Accounting, Finance and Strategic Investment MSc Course code 5156
- International Financial Analysis MSc Course code 4050F
- Banking and Finance MSc Course code 5148F
- Finance MSc Course code 5149F
- International Economics and Finance MSc Course code 5118F
- Quantitative Finance and Risk Management MSc Course code 5173F
- Advanced International Business Management (Dual Award) MA/MSc Course code 4107F
- Advanced International Business Management and Marketing (Dual Award) MSc/MSc Course code 4108F
Operations Management (Dual Award) MSc/MSc Course code 4120F
- Digital Business MSc Course code 5124F
- Digital Business (E-Marketing) MSc Course code 5175F
- E-Business (Information Systems) MSc Course code 5174F
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Global Human Resource Management MSc Course code 5291F
- International Business Management MSc Course code 4047F
- Management and Business Studies (Research) MA Course code 4118F
- Operations,Logistics and Supply Chain Management MSc Course code 5154F
- International Marketing MSc Course code 5145F
Student body for 2021
- Over 90 nationalities represented
- Over 70% International students
- Between 800 and 900 postgraduate students per year
Our admissions process
We welcome applications from students from a wide variety of backgrounds who can demonstrate motivation, ability and potential to study with us at postgraduate level. Apply online to our courses and track your application progress in real-time.
For entry onto our Masters’ courses you should hold a 2:1 honours degree or international equivalent. We have experience in evaluating qualifications from many different countries and welcome applications from students with equivalent European and international qualifications.
Some of our Masters’ courses have specific subject requirements; please see individual course web pages for further information.
English language requirements
You will need a good level of written and spoken English to study at Newcastle and should be able to demonstrate your proficiency.
If your first language is not English you can demonstrate your English language ability with one of the tests below. We encourage you to book your English language test early to help your preparation.
- IELTS: IELTS 6.5 overall with at least 6.0 in all sub-skills
- TOEFL: TOEFL 90 overall with reading 20; listening 19; speaking 22; writing 20
- Pearson PTE: 62 overall with 51 in all sub-skills. If you are applying for a Dual Award course, please be aware that, for certain nationalities, Pearson PTE is not accepted for entry into the Netherlands. E-mail the Business School at firstname.lastname@example.org to check if this affects you.
INTO Newcastle University
If you do not meet the requirements outlined on the previous page and need to improve your English before you start your Master’s course, our on-campus academic and English language learning centre INTO provides a range of options. For more detailed information, review the website and download the brochure at www.intohigher.com/newcastle.
Request a prospectus
Discover life as a postgraduate student at Newcastle University Business School and download our 2022 postgraduate prospectus today.
Our global academic reputation, graduate employability record and low cost of living mean a degree from Newcastle is a sound financial investment.
We award a number of partial scholarships per year to UK, EU and International students.
Invest in your future and view our full range of postgraduate scholarships for 2022 entry.
Tuition fee discount
The University offers tuition fee discounts for early tuition fee payment, an alumni discount, and an International Family Discount.
- 2% tuition fee discount if you pay your tuition fees in full before or by the end of registration week (some exclusions may apply)
- 20% tuition fee discount for eligible self-funded Newcastle University alumni
- 10% International Family Discount available for close relatives of our International students who meet the criteria
Find out more about postgraduate fees and funding.