Webster Vienna Private University
Webster Vienna Private University
International Relations Class
Business Ethics Class
Embark on a Global, Personalized Educational Experience
Webster Vienna Private University's undergraduate programs offer the best of both worlds: an American liberal arts education emphasizing faculty mentoring, teaching excellence, and small class sizes. As a European research university, we set the standard for academic and intellectual achievement.
Our Graduate Experience
At Webster Vienna, our advanced degree options provide our students - you - with the skills and competencies they need to navigate an increasingly connected world.
Our master's programs are taught in English, so applicants must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited college and demonstrate proficiency in English to enroll. We also offer one- and two-year degree programs suitable for full-time students and working professionals who want a part-time option.
Our graduate courses meet weekly in the evening, with exams held on weekends to accommodate students who work full-time. Students who need additional flexibility, but are still seeking a degree with Austrian and American accreditation, can take up to two courses online through our World Classroom.
WVPU offers the following 2-year master's degree programs:
Master of Business Administration (August Intake only)
Master of Arts in International Relations (August and January Intake)
Master of Arts in Psychology with an Emphasis in Counseling Psychology (August and January Intake)
Master of Science in Marketing (August Intake only)
Accreditation and Ranking:
Accredited in the U.S. and Austria, accreditations and rankings
List of Accreditations - Webster University
Higher Learning Commission
North Central Association
Webster University is accredited in the United States by the Higher Learning Commission.
AQ Austria - Webster Vienna Private University
Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation Austria
Since 2001, Webster Vienna Private University, has been accredited by The Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation Austria (AQ Austria) as an Austrian Private University.
Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs
Webster University is a member of the EFMD (European Foundation for Management Development).
Webster University is a member of the AACSB (American Assembly of Collegiate Schools of Business).
Webster University is a member of CIS (Council of International Schools).
Webster Vienna Private University is the first and only University in Austria to be recognized by the CFA Institute.
Webster University, founded in 1915 with its home campus based in St. Louis, Missouri, USA, is the only Tier 1, private, nonprofit university with campus locations around the world including metropolitan, military, online and corporate, as well as traditional American-style campuses in North America, Africa, Europe and Asia. A truly global university on 4 continents, in 8 countries, in 60 cities around the world.
U.S. News and World Report
Webster's Study Abroad programs rank in the top 2 percent of “America's Best Colleges” 2016 edition of U.S. News & World Report
For more accreditations and ranking listings, please visit www.webster.ac.at.
Business and Management degrees: Fall 1, Fall 2, and Spring 1 (August, October, January)
International Relations: Fall 1 and Spring 1 (August, January)
Psychology: Fall 1 and Spring 1 (August, January)
Length of Course:
• 14 months Full-time MBA
• 2.0 years and more Part-time MBA
• 14 months Full-time Master of Arts in International Relations
• 2.0 years and more Part-time Master of Arts in International Relations
• 14-18 months Full-time Master of Arts in Marketing
• 2.0 years and more Part-time Master of Arts in Marketing
• 14-18 months Full-time Master of Science in Finance
• 2.0 years and more Part-time Master of Science in Finance
• 2.0 years Full-time Master of Arts in Psychology with an emphasis in Counseling Psychology
Rolling Admissions with priority deadlines
Term Start: Fall 1 (Aug. 21, 2017) *
Priority Deadline: for visa students June 15 (for EU citizens July 15)
Term Start: Fall 2 (Oct. 23, 2017) *
Priority Deadline: for visa students August 31 (for EU citizens October 1)
Term Start: Spring 1 (Jan 15, 2018) *
Priority Deadline: for visa students October 15 (for EU citizens December 1)
Term Start: Spring 2 (March 19, 2018)
Priority Deadline: for visa students December 15 (for EU citizens February 1)
Term Start: Summer (June 4, 2017)
Priority Deadline: May 1 (depending on course availability)
Percentage of international students: 85%
- European Union: 36%
- Non-EU Europe: 28%
- Eurasia: 14%
- North America: 12%
- Middle East and Africa: 9%
- Asia and Other Regions: 1%
Men/Women Ratio: 45:55
WVPU makes admissions decisions based on the application documents to evaluate your likelihood to succeed in your studies. For this process, it is essential for us to have the official documentation of your prior educational records. Please be aware that we cannot make an admissions decision without all of the following documents.
Application Steps and Required Documents
- Read the information details of your intended degree.
- Check the application deadlines (see section above); make sure you apply for the correct semester.
- Start and submit your online admissions application.
- After submitting, upload the following required documents into your online application record):
- Updated academic transcripts from all current or completed higher education programs (scan and upload as PDF files on to your online record first; official, original documentation may be submitted at the start of the semester. Note that official original records sent directly by your school are required for a full admissions decision and acceptance). For more information on how to submit these documents, please contact us.
- English proficiency test scores (see English Proficiency Testing in the next section for a list of acceptable tests and minimum scores).
- An essay (topics can be found here). Students interested in the MBA program will need to write a 600-word essay (more information can be found here).
- A letter of recommendation (a template of the recommendation form can be found here).
- Updated curriculum vitae (see special note below on MBA work requirements).
- Copy of a valid passport.
- Email Admissions@webster.ac.at when you have uploaded all of your documents so they can be reviewed more promptly.
- An in-person or virtual interview with the head of the academic department is required. Your admissions officer will help organize the interview.
Special Program-Specific Requirements
MBA: applicants are expected to have at least two (2) years of full-time relevant work experience. Internship, volunteer work, and leadership activities may also be considered if a candidate is short of the full-time work experience as long as they contribute meaningfully to the candidate's profile. While the university does not specify categories of expected work experience, applicants should elaborate on their work experience with an essay.
MA in Counseling Psychology: applicants must have completed or must be about to complete an accredited bachelor's degree in Psychology. An applicant with a bachelor's degree in a different area must complete at least one year of undergraduate classes first to be considered for admission.
Admissions decisions will be communicated by e-mail. If you are accepted, you will receive a complete acceptance package by e-mail and upon request, by post. Please make sure to write your correct and complete postal address including your zip code, city and country etc. on the application form including your phone number (for courier deliveries outside of Europe). This acceptance package will include important information and visa application forms as needed.
Webster Vienna accepts several different internationally recognized English proficiency exams. Please see the accepted tests and minimum scores for both undergraduate and graduate students below.
International English Tests
- TOEFL iBT — min. overall score of 80, with min. writing score of 22
- TOEFL (paper-based test) — min. overall score of 550
- IELTS Academic — min. overall score of 6.5
- Password English Language Testing — min. overall score of 6.5
- Pearson / PTE Academic — min. score of 53
- iTEP — min. score of 3.9
- Cambridge Advanced Certificate (CAE only) — score A or B; min. numerical score of 176
- GTEC (CBT Exam) — score of 1201 or above
- All other tests - please check with the Admissions Office
English is waived: Citizens of, or someone who completed their studies in the following countries: USA, Canada (except Quebec), UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand.
- Work experience (MBA only): Applicants to the MBA program are expected to have at least 2 years of full-time relevant work experience.
Master's Degree Tuition Rates for AY 2022-2023
Our master's degrees take 2 years to complete (full-time).
New students pay the registration deposit before registration in any class; this fee is credited towards tuition fees (see Terms and Conditions (PDF)).
|New student registration deposit||1000 Euros (credited towards tuition fees)|
|MBA, MA in Marketing, or MA in International Relations, excluding prerequisites (36 credit hours)||28440 Euros (estimated total fees)|
|Master of Arts in Psychology program (48 credit hours)||37920 Euros (estimated total fees)|
|Part-time graduate tuition||790 Euros per credit hour|
Part-time graduate students registering for 1-5 credit hours in a term, including Summer, or 1-8 credit hours in a semester will pay 790 Euros per credit hour. For example, a 3-credit course in 2022-2023 will cost 2370 Euros.
Our students' connection to Webster Vienna does not end with graduation.
Founded in 1923, the Webster University Alumni Association has pursued the same goal for almost a century: to foster a community of alumni connected to our alma mater and each other.
Membership to the Webster University Alumni Association and the Webster Vienna Alumni Association (local chapter) is free and easy — it becomes effective when you graduate. We invite you to stay connected to Webster and join our network of more than 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Thank you in advance for getting involved and staying connected to your alma mater.
Webster Vienna Chapter Benefits
- Second Degree Grant: get the last course of an additional degree at Webster Vienna for free.
- Legacy Tuition Grant: 10% tuition reduction for first-time freshmen (new, incoming undergraduate students who have never completed university-level course work for credit) whose sibling or parent currently attends or graduated from Webster Vienna Private University.
- Events: mingle with alumni, faculty & students and expand your professional network at University events.
- Guest lectures: join complimentary guest lectures at the Webster Vienna campus.
- Bonus Course Program (Audit): audit courses at Webster Vienna for free after graduating.
- Newsletter: stay up to date with the latest news about Webster and fellow alumni
- Social networking: take advantage of Webster Vienna's online community on Facebook, LinkedIn, and 40th Years of Webster Vienna website.
- Activities: enjoy Vienna Alumni Chapter activities and stay connected with alumni in the local business world.
- Contributions: share your on-campus and professional experiences with Webster Vienna's future students.
- Access to resources: check out books at the Library and Learning Center.