University at Buffalo - School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
The University at Buffalo is consistently recognized as one of the world’s most exceptional, most affordable universities, making it a top choice for students and faculty around the globe. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enable us to reach others every day. We seek knowledge that leads to new cures, improved processes, stronger materials, faster computers, smarter software, smaller machines and thousands of other improvements. Our faculty have contributed to life-changing inventions including a test for cancer, pattern recognition software, and a 3-D viewer and data transmission system.
Rankings and Pride Points
- Top 1% in the World - Ranked No. 269 out of 20,000 universities worldwide by the Center for World University Rankings.
- Best of the Best - As an AAU member, ranked among the leading North American universities that engage in the highest levels of research.
- No. 1 Public - The top public in New York State and No. 31 in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report.
- A City on the Rise - One of the New York Times' famous 52 Places to Go.
Fields of Study
Master's degrees are offered in all major fields of engineering, and we are continually developing new programs.
Through many joint initiatives, students work on a wide range of topics including tsunami detection, bridge and infrastructure renewal, supply chain management, big data, and ways to improve health and wellness. Graduate students apply directly to our departments and programs. Visit the links below for specific program requirements, deadlines, research initiatives and faculty.
Our Fall 2019 student body consists of 5,180 undergraduates and 2,175 graduate students. A global community with students from 77 different countries and 39 different states.
Visit your department or institute website to learn more about requirements and application deadlines.
Multidisciplinary Degree Programs
Fall 2020 Non-Resident Full-Time Tuition and Fees
|Career||Tuition: Non-Resident||Fees*: Non-Resident||Total: Non-Resident|
Graduate and Professional
- Part-time graduate and professional students registered for 9 - 11 hours are charged fees at the full-time rate