Temple University- Fox School of Business
Specialized Master's at Fox
At Temple University's Fox School of Business, we offer more than a curriculum—we offer an experience. Our vision is to transform student lives, develop leaders, and impact our local and global communities through excellence and innovation in education and research. Through hands-on learning opportunities, knowledge-creating faculty, and an engaged alumni base, the Fox School provides the support that can help you master your field and connect more closely to your community.
- Established in 1918 and accredited by AACSB International since 1934.
- 200+ full-time faculty members who are acclaimed academic researchers and industry experts with firsthand field experience.
- 8,500+ current students and 65,000+ alumni who are eager to assist with networking and job opportunities.
- Based in Philadelphia, with a proud heritage of providing deep connections to area organizations.
- Each program offers a hands-on curriculum: work with real-time data, current case studies, and existing problems at real-world organizations.
- Strong student support resources, including personalized career services from our Center for Student Professional Development as well as dedicated student support staff for program advising and financial aid.
*Data approved accurate as of 09/2019.
Add a Professional Credential That Sets You Apart in Your Industry
Industry-specific graduate programs at the Fox School of Business can help enhance your business expertise and your career. At the Fox School, our suite of Specialized Master’s encompasses many in-demand fields—and equips the next generation of business leaders with hyper-focused knowledge that can make an impact. When you’re looking for a graduate experience that goes beyond basics, choose from one of our Specialized Master’s, many of which are STEM-designated.
Fox Specialized Master's Programs include:
- Actuarial Science (STEM-designated): Expand your skills in modeling, analytics, and actuarial practice and pursue your career as an actuary. This program will help prepare you to evaluate insurance and financial risks for insurance companies, consulting firms, and other organizations that demand actuarial skills. Plus, because the Fox School is home to the Sigma chapter of Gamma Iota Sigma, you’ll benefit from robust professional development that can expand your network—and your opportunities.
- Business Analytics (STEM-designated): Accelerate your career within a rising industry. This program features a focus on interpretation, explanation, and deep knowledge of data analytics, so you can gain the skills to transform raw data into valuable insights. Ideal for analytics-driven professionals looking to link financial outcomes to profit-driven decisions.
- Finance (STEM-designated): Begin the next chapter of your finance career with one of three master’s degrees in finance. Through an industry-matched curriculum, you’ll explore relevant topics in global markets, data science, and machine learning for finance. Develop your expertise with financial technology such as Python, R, SAS, and SQL, so you can position yourself to stand out in the economy.
- Financial Analysis: Explore today’s global financial markets. In this program, you’ll learn industry best practices and the power of financial technology, so you can chart a path to a rewarding career in finance. Ideal for finance professionals looking to gain broad skills in corporate finance, investments, and global markets. Pursue CFA® Level I – II exams.
- Quantitative Finance & Risk Management: Gain expertise in derivative pricing and risk management. This program delivers a dynamic curriculum with project-based applications of data science, so you enhance your skills in quantitative analysis, financial modeling, and risk across the financial services industry. Ideal for finance professionals seeking to expand knowledge of quantitative modeling and risk management. Pursue FRM® Exam Parts I – II.
- Financial Analysis & Quantitative Risk Management: Evolve the way you think about finance. This program offers a depth and breadth of expertise in finance and enterprise risk management through both financial theory knowledge and financial technology tools. Ideal for finance professionals interested in developing expertise in corporate finance, investments, derivative pricing, and risk management. Pursue both the CFA® and FRM® exams.
- Innovation Management & Entrepreneurship: Whether you’re interested in enhancing your strategic perspective, launching or managing new ventures, or managing R&D or innovation as an engineer, this program delivers resources and support that can help you effectively approach issues. Learn about the modern competitive landscape; gain an understanding of innovation-based strategy; and discover new ways to bring your company, ideas, and career to the forefront of innovation.
- IT Auditing & Cyber Security (STEM-designated): Develop the knowledge to control organizational risks and manage security threats. This program features an industry-backed and expert-led curriculum that features built-in preparation for the Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) or the Certified Information System Security Certified Professional (CISSP) exams.
- Marketing Research & Insights: Gain hands-on experience putting marketing theory into practice. Through this program, you’ll enhance your data collection and interpretation skills. You’ll expand your abilities in marketing research and insights, so you have the opportunity to make an impact on your career. Ideal for marketing professionals seeking expertise in market research analytics.
- Master in Management: Designed for recent grads with non-business degrees, this program delivers a comprehensive introduction to the world of business. Establish your foundation with courses in organizational strategy, accounting, managing people, finance, data visualization, and more. Build on that foundation through hands-on learning, personalized professional development, and built-in time to pursue an internship opportunity.
- Statistics & Data Science (STEM-designated): Enhance your skills as a “super analyst” and expand your analytical expertise. This program presents a modern approach to statistics and prescriptive, descriptive, and predictive data analytics, so you learn to identify and deal with problematic data in real time. Ideal for data-driven professionals looking to construct relevant datasets and effectively communicate insights to managers.
Temple University also offers programs in Sport, Tourism & Hospitality Management: Sport Business (Learn new ways to think analytically and critically about top situations facing professional sports teams, college athletics and sport business such as sport analytics, sales and promotion and event and venue management), Hospitality Management (Designed to provide you the tools to create authentic, personalized experiences within the growing hospitality industry. Our industry-backed curriculum offers real-world experience and world-class education to help you think creatively and analytically when navigating this ever-changing industry)
Tuition rates for each academic year are approved by the Board of Trustees and announced by Temple University Bursar’s Office every July. Review details at the website for Temple University's Bursar’s Office or view per-credit tuition as a PDF. Additional program fees may apply; please refer to each program's individual website or reach out to an admissions representative for details.
Many Fox graduate programs award merit-based scholarships to students who demonstrate an outstanding academic and professional background. These programs are noted on their individual program websites. There is no need to complete additional forms or paperwork in order to apply for merit scholarships: all completed applications are reviewed for consideration. Be sure to apply early during the rolling admissions process while merit scholarships are available.