GISMA Business School
France - Germany - United Kingdom
International Business School in Germany
GISMA Business School
GISMA Business School
GISMA is a German business school offering internationally accredited degree programmes, executive education and language programmes in its campuses in Berlin and Hannover. All our programmes are taught in English, the world’s foremost language for global business communication.
GISMA is running the AMBA-accredited Grenoble MBA and a Grenoble Master in International Business (MIB) in cooperation with the triple-accredited (AMBA, AACSB, EQUIS) Grenoble Ecole de Management (GEM), an honour shared by less than 1% of the world’s elite business schools. Both programmes are taught in English in Berlin, Germany.
The Grenoble MBA was ranked among the top 100 Global MBAs worldwide, 27th in Europe and 4th in France, according to the Financial Times’ 2016 Global MBA ranking., whereas The Grenoble MIB was ranked 13th worldwide in “Masters in Management” and 6th worldwide in “International Career Mobility” rankings
by the Financial Times in 2016.
Among the reasons to study in GISMA in Germany are:
- Central locations of GISMA’s campuses in Germany, one of the most economically developed countries in Europe
- Exceptional class diversity: our alumni come from as many as 60 different countries
- Scholarships: we offer a number of scholarship opportunities
- Variety of inhouse Careers Centre services
- Excellent job opportunities for students in Germany
- 18 month post-study residence permit in Germany for MBA and Master’s graduates, allowing international students to look for employment in Germany after graduation
- Affordable cost of living in Berlin in Hannover, in comparison to many other European cities
We help students fulfil their career goals through a variety of specialised career and employability services and long-lasting relationships with employers. We assist our students in making connections between academic experience and career paths, offering career related educational opportunities which help students improve their professional and personal development. Our Careers Centre enhances interactions among former and current students for the purpose of career exploration. The department strengthens relationships with employers, builds strategic partnerships with local company associations and organises networking events.
Name of the school: GISMA Business School
Campuses: Berlin and Hannover
Ranking: The Grenoble MBA was ranked among the top 100 Global MBAs worldwide, 27th in Europe and 4th in France, according to the Financial Times’ 2016 Global MBA ranking., whereas The Grenoble MIB was ranked 13th worldwide in “Masters in Management” and 6th worldwide in “International Career Mobility” rankings by the Financial Times in 2016.
Accreditation: GISMA is running the AMBA-accredited Grenoble MBA and a Grenoble Master in International Business (MIB) in cooperation with the triple-accredited (AMBA, AACSB, EQUIS) Grenoble Ecole de Management (GEM), an honour shared by less than 1% of the world’s elite business schools. Both programmes are taught in English in Berlin, Germany.
Number of Faculty: http://www.gisma.com/faculty
International Faculty: http://www.gisma.com/faculty
Subjects of Masters Study: The Grenoble MIB, The Grenoble MSc Innovation, Strategy & Entrepreneurship (MSc ISE), The Grenoble MSc Marketing Management, The Grenoble MBA, The Magellan MBA
Courses held in: Taught in English
Length of Courses: One academic year (on campus) + Final Management Project (12 months) The FMP can be completed remotely, from anywhere in the world.
Starting Dates: September 2017
Application Deadlines: Request info
International Exchanges: -
Average Class Size: 10 - 15
Percentage of International Students: 94%
Number of Incoming exchange students: -
We consider our alumni as a major asset and invest in maintaining an active alumni network by involving our alumni in GISMA events and activities.
We believe in lifelong learning. That is why we offer our alumni short-term training courses to refresh and deepen their professional knowledge. We continuously enhance interactions among former and current students for the purpose of career exploration.
We regularly invite our alumni to host talks at GISMA so they can share their professional and personal experience with our current students. Alumni talks contain crucial information on job markets and insider hints relating to recruitment possibilities. What is more, they are a perfect opportunity to extend professional networks for both our current and former students.
We encourage our alumni to stay involved and we offer many opportunities to return to GISMA. During alumni reunions fellow classmates reconnect. Alumni reunions not only offer a chance to exchange life experiences but also to develop new ideas and to celebrate with old friends.
University degree: 2:1 undergraduate degree from a recognised university
Tests required and level:
- GMAT is not an obligatory requirement, but is considered an advantage and may be required for some applications (target score 550)
Specific Languages tests:
- English proficiency options
- TOEFL 94 (22 minimum in each component)
- IELTS 6.5 (6.0 minimum in each component)
- PTE 63 (51 minimum in each component)
- Cambridge Proficiency Exam: A, B, C
Languages fluency: English native speaker / degree obtained in English
Years of work experience : For MBA - At least three years of relevant full-time work experience, For Masters Degree - Work experience is not an obligatory requirement.
To apply, candidates must complete the online application and include scanned copies of all original supporting documents. All documents must be in English, or be submitted with a certified translation into English if written in another language.
- Official copy of latest degree or diploma or certificate of enrollment with an approximate graduation date
- University transcripts: front/back with grading scale
- 3 short essays
- 2 references (professional or academic). Family members or friends are not acceptable as referees
- Scan of passport
- Internationally recognized passport picture
- Fluency in English (TOEFL, PTE, IELTS or CPE):
- TOEFL: computer-based: 240 / Internet-based (IBT): 94 (minimum score of 22 in each band). (Institutional/ITP TOEFL not accepted.) TOEFL Institution code: 8973
- IELTS: 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in all areas (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking)
- Cambridge Proficiency Exam (CPE): A,B,C
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): 63 (minimum score of 59 in each section)
- TOEIC, Institutional/ITP TOEFL, Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) and Cambridge English: First (FCE) are not accepted
- Please note English test scores must be communicated to GEM by the beginning of July for September programs and by the beginning of November for January programs
Please note that for your initial application we ask only for copies of documents. If you are accepted, we will then request to send digital certified copies that you will be ask to present during the induction week. More details about certified copies per nationality are explained on the application form.
Application fees: 90 euros
Range of Tuition fees: 15,000 euros - 31,000 euros
Estimate for accommodation/living costs, insurance per month : €750 – €1150
Scholarships availabilities: Yes
For further information and application process
Contact Dimple DMello
Phone: +44 20 3535 1055