UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School
Business. Imagined Better. Together
UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School is Ireland’s leading business school, providing a wide range of postgraduate programmes that equip students to become the business leaders of the future. We have an unwavering commitment to excellence and are one of a few schools worldwide to hold the triple accreditation.
UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School is built upon an extraordinary leadership gift from Dr Michael WJ Smurfit. Here we deliver a range of programmes, including MBA, research, specialist masters and executive education, which prepare graduates to face the challenges of the complex business world.
The UCD College of Business has a long and distinguished history since it was established in 1908. We became one of the first European universities to offer a Master of Business Administration (MBA) in 1964 and in 1991, the graduate school of business moved to the dedicated campus at Blackrock, with cutting edge facilities, spacious modern classrooms and the largest academic business library in the country.
Type of Course:
- Master of Accounting (FT)
- MSc in Aviation Finance (FT & PT)
- MSc in Biotechnology and Business (FT)
- MSc in Business Analytics (FT & PT)
- MSc in Digital Innovation (FT)
- MSc in Digital Innovation (PT)
- MSc in Digital Marketing (FT)
- MSc in Digital Marketing (PT)
- MSc in Energy & Environmental Finance (FT & PT)
- MSc in Finance (FT & PT)
- MSc in Food Business Strategy (FT)
- MSc in Human Resource Management (FT & PT)
- MSc in Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Design (PT)
- MSc in International Business (FT & PT)
- MSc in International Law and Business (FT)
- MSc in International Management / CEMS MIM – 16 months FT
- MSc in Management (FT)
- MSc in Management Consultancy (FT & PT)
- MSc in Management (PT)
- MSc in Marketing (FT & PT)
- MSc in Marketing Practice (FT)
- MSc in Project Management (FT)
- MSc in Project Management (PT)
- MSc in Quantitative Finance (FT & PT)
- MSc in Strategic Management Accounting (FT)
- MSc in Strategic Management and Planning (FT & PT)
- MSc in Supply Chain Management (FT & PT)
Start of September 2023
Length of Course:
- Full-time (FT) MSc: 12 months
- Part-time (PT) MSc: 24 months
AMBA, EQUIS, AACSB
Our courses have been consistently ranked in the world’s top 100 by the Economist and Financial Times, since 2000 and we are the only Irish business school to feature in theses prestigious rankings.
Financial Times 2016
- #22 MSc in International Management
- #34 MSc in Finance
- #45 MSc in Strategic Management & Planning and MSc in International Business
- #70 FT MBA in the world and #22 in Europe.
- #82 Exec MBA in the world and #23 in Europe.
- Our Executive Education Open Enrolment programme is ranked #69 in the world.
Economist Intelligence Unit
- Our Full-time MBA is ranked 56th in the world's top 100.
- Our FT MBA is ranked 17th in Europe.
- Our Exec MBA is ranked 55th in the global rankings.
Our alliances link us with other leading business schools and the business community globally including: CEMS, GNAM, PIM and PRME.
Number of nationalities: 58
Percentage of international students:50%
Men/Women Ratio: 53:47
Age Range: 22 - 35
Average Age: 25
Not required for most of our MSc Programmes
The admissions criteria vary by programme visit
www.smurfitschool.ie/admissionsfees/requirementsfees for more details.
GMAT (if required):
Not required for our MSc Programmes although we may ask for this in certain individual student cases.
Minimum IELTS 6.5 overall score with a 6 minimum in each of the four bands.
A minimum score of 600 in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), with Test of Written English at 475 +. In the computer based TOEFL, a minimum score of 250 is required.
A minimum score of 90 is required in the Internet based based TOEFL (iTB). In this iTB, a minimum of 20 must be achieved in each of the four components to this test.
For entry to the CEMS International Management programme, a score of IELTS 7.0 overall or higher or TOEFL iBT- 100 or higher is required.
For English language requirements please visit:
Application fee: €50
FT Domestic and EU €13,350
FT International (non-EU) €18,300
PT Domestic €7,250
PT International (non-EU) €9,150
Our Four Finance Masters
FT Domestic and EU €16,800
FT International (non-EU) €21,300