Nottingham Trent University Online
Online masters courses from one of the UK's largest Universities
Why students choose NTU
Our students are global citizens—bold, brave and with an appetite for innovation. They come from diverse backgrounds in business, government, and education, from 80 different countries (Data from October 2020*). Their diverse experiences will help to inform your education and provide an international edge to your career.
We are an award - winning University, proud of our performance in many well - known league tables and annual award cermonies. However, awards alone cannot capture the experience of learning at NTU- neither can they completely communicate what makes us one of the largest Universities in the UK. But what they can do it provide a useful profile of what takes place here - both on campus and online.
- One of the UK's largest universities, built upon a culture of creativity, innovation and partnerships.
- Outstanding reputation for employability.
- Leading sustainabilty focus.
- University of the Year 2019 & ranked 16th in the UK (The Guardian University Awards 2019)
- WINNER- University of the Year (THE Awards 2017)
- Modern University of the Year 2018 (The TImes and Sunday Times 2018)
- Rated 'Gold' for teaching excellence (Teaching Excellence Framework 2017)
- WINNER - Green gown awards for outstanding leadership in sustainability (Green Gown Awards 2019)
- Bronze Athena SWAN for gender Equality (Athena SWAN 2019)
- Ranked 5th in the world for sustainabilty (UI GreenMetric World University Ranking 2018)
Flexible and engaging online learning
Nottingham Trent University is committed to offering highly relevant courses, tailored to fit around your lifestyle and career. We currently offer the following distance learning courses:
Further your understanding of contemporary business strategy and leadership through real-life, experiential techniques and mentoring.
Accelerate your learning outcomes with a condensed 18 months Online MBA.
Harness the power of big data to influence strategy in your organisation.
Accelerate your learning outcomes and complete your studies in just 18 months.
Put project management principles into practise and reap the benefits of NTU's close links with the construction industry. Short CPD courses also available.
Gain Practical experience of current theories and policies, developing your skills through exposure to teaching and research expertise from around the world.
Nottingham Trent University (NTU) is committed to 21st-Century learning, continually developing innovative ways to bring the courses to life and help you learn all you need to succeed. Our interactive online degree courses feature:
- comprehensive video lectures – immerse yourself completely in the programme content
- real-life case studies – appreciate the practical implications of your studies
- interactive assignments – experience more engaging learning
- social interaction – be part of the student community by interacting with teachers and students from around the world
- research supervision – learn the necessary techniques and skills to put what you’ve learnt into practice.
Through our engaging, career-relevant online degrees you can reach your full potential.
Intakes - January, May, September
The Online MA in International Relations is an ideal postgraduate degree for ambitious and globally minded individuals who are seeking a flexible way of understanding international arenas, while exploring the theories, policies and practices that are essential to furthering expertise in this dynamic and exciting field.
This course has a truly international outlook, featuring a faculty of experts from around the globe. As a result, you will be exposed to different perspectives, insights and research approaches, giving you the aptitude and confidence to establish a relevant career path anywhere in the world.
Thanks to an emphasis on the value of theory-in-practice, the Online MA in International Relations helps you get to grips with theoretical debates, ideas around global governance and the link between political economy and international security. This diverse set of contemporary theories and policies will prepare you for a wide variety of different careers in organisations such as government departments, international aid, and development agencies.
Graduates from this course are highly employable in both public and private sectors due to their wide-ranging skills and competencies. After studying the course at NTU, you will be best placed to pursue a career in relevant government departments, charities, NGOs or international aid and development agencies. In the private sector, businesses such as think-tank organisations and not-for-profits are increasingly looking for graduates with an understanding of international and global events and processes.
This RICS-accredited Online MSc in Construction Project Management puts principle into practice, aiming to provide you with a framework for understanding project management within the construction industry. Delivered 100% online – allowing flexible study alongside full time work – the course is aimed at mid-career professionals or recent graduates, wishing to pursue a career as a construction project manager. It is also suitable for professionals already working in the broad construction industries, who may be aspiring to senior management roles.
Taught by experts from the construction industry, with direct links to major construction firms, the Online MSc in Construction Project Management is perfectly positioned to help you secure a project management career in construction. It will manage project briefing, key design and development issues at a detailed level.
The course is also designed to help you to:
- manage project briefing, key design and development issues at a detailed level
- learn essential skills to create appropriate procurement strategies
- gain a comprehensive understanding of the organisational structures required to achieve successful project outcomes, including legal and contractual constraints and people management skills.
The Online MSc Construction Project Management offers excellent opportunities for career development. Graduates from the course have pursued careers with major international construction firms including JLL (Switzerland), Tuner & Townsend, National Grid, VINCI Construction, Balfour Beatty, and Clegg, employed in roles such as Construction Project Manager, Cost Manager, Site Manager and Senior Project Manager.
Furthermore, NTU is highly regarded across the construction industry for the quality of its students and has a long history of successful student placement, improving the university’s reputation for project management and construction among employers. This is boosted still further by this course’s RICS accreditation. NTU is also in the top 10 UK Universities for Building and Town and Country Planning (Guardian 2020).