ESDES Lyon Business School
The Business School of UCLy
ESDES was born more than 30 years ago within the Lyon Catholic University (UCLy), a 140-year-old multidisciplinary university (law, economics, science, humanities, etc.)
Ideally located in the center of Lyon, ESDES benefits from a dynamic economic environment and, being within the 1st industrial region in France, offers many internship and employment opportunities, at the heart of Europe.
ESDES is a member of the Conférence des Grandes Écoles (CGE), a consortium bringing together the top 40 French Business Schools.
ESDES delivers a Master Degree (graduate program) which is recognized and awarded by the Ministry of Higher Education and Research as well as a 3-year Bachelor Degree (undergraduate program), which both welcome French and international students.
Both programs give the chance to follow the entire curriculum in English, go abroad in one of 130+ partner universities and have hands-on experience through various internship opportunities.
The 360 Pedagogy combines management methods and tools, development of managerial skills, and general culture & multiculturalism.
ESDES students benefit from a very personalized approach to career counselling, from the very first day they arrive on campus.
Thanks to this individualized career advising, a recent study shows that 75% of our students find a job before graduation (90% find a job in less than 3 months).
As we offer very diverse specializations (13 in total) career opportunities are very varied. Recent positions held by our alumni include: Brand Manager, CFO, chartered accountant, asset manager, projects manager, business developer, consultant, HR director, supply chain manager, country risk manager, marketing manager, sales director, corporate lawyer…
In July 2015, ESDES moved to the brand new campus. The former prison of Lyon was transformed to the high-tech equipped university campus Saint Paul. The campus is ideally located in the city center of Lyon.
35 000 sq. m includes:
· IT department and computer rooms
· Educational Facilities
· Exposition halls
· Student’s Cafeteria
· Student’s Facilities
The Lyon Catholic University has a second campus located 10 minutes by walk from campus Saint Paul.
5 specializations taught 100% in English
- Build up a solid perspective on the nature of business competitiveness
- Acquire skills to evaluate the complexity of the international business arena by providing them analytical tools for key decision-making processes
- Develop communication, leadership and teamwork skills
- Acquire key skills to work efficiently in an international context, both in B2C and B2B
- Master tools and techniques of marketing and digital communications
- Understand the main innovations of Big Data and coding
- Design and develop risk management expertise and governance to meet today’s business challenges
- Get the competitive edge for risk management careers
- Develop a critical understanding of the interaction between risk management corporate governance, internal control and compliance
- Efficiently operate on the global stage
- Develop skills and abilities in order to manage persons, processes and technologies required by today’s supply chains (tighter deadlines and greater risks)
- Manage strategic business issues and the international market competitively
- Master key skills: managing processes in procurement, international sourcing, e-sourcing and outsourcing principles, designing and managing supply chains, operation management
- UCLy Faculty of Law and ESDES have created a new specialization, offering the best of both Schools: management expertise and law in a digital world.
- Double skills: Digital Law & Management
- Double diploma with our partner university in New York, USA
Number of Students: 10 000
Number of International Students: 2 000
Number of Female Students: 5 000
Application fees: €180 (non-refundable)
The annual tuition fees 2019-2020 for non-European candidates are €10880