About Munich Business School: Since its founding in 1991, Munich Business School (MBS) has educated leaders for the international business world. MBS is one of Germany's best business schools and is consistently placed amongst the top schools in relevant university rankings. A highly international approach, applied business knowledge and a strong network of partners are the cornerstones of our educational model and the basis for all programs we offer.
Our Master in International Business is a business study program that can be put together according to individual strengths and interests. Our students choose from and combine two of altogether seven concentrations with an international focus connected to a foreign language. The study program is taught in German and English (German Track) or exclusively in English (English Track). As an integral part of the international study program, our students spend one or two semesters abroad at one of our renowned partner universities and optionally do internships in Germany and abroad. In this context, we offer a choice between the Single Degree and Dual Degree study option. We place highest priority on the advancement of our students' personality and leadership skills. Upon successful graduation, our students are awarded the officially recognized degree 'Master of Arts'.
Business Concentrations: International Finance, International Marketing, International Entrepreneurship,International Family Firms, Corporate Strategy and Innovation,Luxury Management, Digital Business Management
International Focuses: Business in Germany, Europe, China, Latin America, Emerging Economies or USA & Canada
Foreign Languages: German, Spanish or Chinese
You can download our brochure on this link
Type of Course: Master International Business (M.A.)
Starting Dates: September
Length of Course:
• Single Degree: 18 months
• Dual Degree: 24 months
International Exchange: one semester at a partner university included; Dual Degrees optional
- U-Mulitrank (2016): In the most comprehensive global university ranking U-Multirank, Munich Business School (MBS) achieved excellent results. In the area of “Teaching & Learning”, MBS belongs to Germany’s best universities, in the aspect of “International Orientation”, the independent ranking counts MBS even among the “Global Top 25 Performers”.
- trendence Graduate Barometer (2016): The students of Munich Business School are highly satisfied with their university – according to the outcome of the students’ survey trendence Graduate Barometer 2016. Above all, the categories “Lecturers/ Professors”, “Practical relevance”, “Internationality” as well as “Student Service” were the areas where MBS received excellent ratings – placing the university clearly above the German and European average with respect to many of the surveyed criteria.
- Wirtschaftswoche (2015): 2nd place - for the seventh consecutive time in the top ten of the best Universities of Applied Sciences in Germany.
- Die ZEIT/Centrum fuer Hochschulentwicklung (CHE) (2011/2012, 2013/2014): Business Administration (Best grades in the categories "Overall study situation", "Academic feasibility", "practical relevance", "International orientation") + "Multifaceted excellence" (2nd place among all Universities of Applied Sciences in Germany
Average class size: 90 (3 groups à 30 students)
Language options: English Track (100% English) or German Track (70% German/30% English)
Number of nationalities: approx. 20
Percentage of international students: 45%
Men/Women Ratio: 58:42
Age Range: 22 - 31
Work Experience: not required
• First degree in business/economics/management or MBS PRE-Master Program (June to August)
• Letter of Motivation
• Current CV
• References, if available
• English proficiency: TOEFL 90/IELTS 6.5 or ELS 112
Eligible candidates will be invited to a (Skype) interview with the Program Director.
Application fee: EUR 45
Enrollment fee: EUR 490
Tuition fees: EUR 22.620; Dual Degree tuition upon request
Estimate for accommodation/living costs, insurance: approx. EUR 12.000 per year
Scholarships: partial scholarships available to outstanding candidates (MBS BEST Scholarship) – up to 20%
The alumni of Munich Business School have taken on very different career paths. Many have decided on the challenges presented by international corporate groups. Among the alumni, however, are also founders of companies, self-employed and managers in medium-sized companies.
Further information as well as some success stories can be found HERE.